In a previous lesson, students were introduced to story problems with questions. In this lesson, students represent and solve the story problems. They may use objects, math tools, or drawings. Students explain how both objects and drawings show what is happening in a story problem, which will be useful as students create their own representations and interpret other representations in future lessons.
Activity 1: Marcadores en la escuela
- Solve Add To, Result Unknown and Take From, Result Unknown story problems, including problems with a result of 0.
- Veamos diferentes formas de mostrar lo que ocurrió en un problema-historia.
- Gather materials from:
- Math Stories, Stages 1 and 2
- Subtraction Towers, Stage 1
- 5-frames, Stages 1 and 2
- Build Shapes, Stages 1 and 2
- Counting Collections, Stage 1
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|