This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn stage 2 of the How Are They the Same? center, which was first introduced in grade 1. In this new stage, called Grade 2 Shapes, students develop their understanding of shapes by finding shared attributes. In Activity 2, students choose to continue working on How Are They the Same?, or choose between two previously introduced centers focused on shapes.
- Describe shapes using defining attributes.
- Draw and name shapes based on defining attributes.
- Trabajemos con figuras.
- Each group of 2 needs the shape cards used in previous lessons.
Gather materials from:
- How Are They the Same?, Stage 2
- Which One?, Stage 3
- Can You Draw It?, Stage 2
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|