Contemos de 5 en 5 para leer la hora
In grade 1, students learned to tell time to the hour and half-hour. In a previous lesson, students learned to tell time using the phrases “half past,” “quarter past,” and “quarter till,” and described the relative position of the hour hand.
In this lesson, students make connections between a number line with intervals of 5 and the distance between the numbers on the clock, which represents 5 minute intervals. Students skip count by 5 in order to tell time.
- Tell time on analog clocks.
- Understand that the numbers on an analog clock represent 5-minute intervals.
- Leamos la hora.
Materials to Copy
- Count on the Clock Card Sort
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
What unfinished learning or misunderstandings do your students have about telling time? How did you leverage those misconceptions in a positive way to further understanding of the class?
- How Are They the Same? (1–5), Stage 2: Grade 2 Shapes (Addressing)
- Can You Draw It? (1–5), Stage 2: Grade 2 Shapes (Addressing)
- Which One? (K–5), Stage 3: Grade 2 Shapes (Addressing)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|