This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn the first stage of the Would You Rather? center. In this stage of the new center, students practice identifying coins and comparing the value of coin collections. In Activity 2, students choose to continue working on Would you Rather?, or choose between two previously introduced centers focused on shapes.
- Describe shapes using defining attributes.
- Find and compare the value of coin collections.
- Recognize and describe shapes seen in picture books.
- Comparemos colecciones de monedas y trabajemos con figuras.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Would You Rather Stage 1 Spinner
- Would You Rather Stage 1 Recording Sheet, Spanish
Gather materials from:
- Would You Rather?, Stage 1
- Picture Books, Stage 3
- How Are They the Same?, Stage 2
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|