Resolvamos problemas sobre el tiempo (parte 2)
The purpose of this lesson is for students to solve problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes.
In this lesson, students use any strategy and representation to solve problems involving elapsed time. The problems involve unknowns in all positions: start time, end time, and duration. When students recognize the mathematical features of familiar real-world objects and use those features to solve problems, they model with mathematics (MP4).
- Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes.
- Resolvamos más problemas sobre el tiempo.
Materials to Gather
- Display students’ ideas from the lesson synthesis in the previous lesson.
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Who got to do math today in class and how do you know? Identify the norms or routines that allowed those students to engage in mathematics. How can you adjust these norms and routines so all students do math tomorrow?
- Number Puzzles: Addition and Subtraction (1–4), Stage 5: Within 1,000 (Supporting)
- Target Numbers (1–5), Stage 7: Subtract Hundreds, Tens, or Ones (Supporting)