Maneras de resolver problemas y de mostrar soluciones
The purpose of this lesson is for students to solve problems using the four operations as they imagine spending a day at the fair.
In previous lessons, students became familiar with and solved problems involving equal groups, time, weight, and liquid volume. In this lesson, students put together the ideas they have learned to consider a variety of mathematical situations that might arise during a day at the fair. Students solve problems as they imagine the course of a day at the fair and create a poster to highlight their mathematical reasoning.
- Action and Expression
- Analyze strategies for solving problems and for presenting solutions.
- Use the four operations to solve one-step word problems involving measurements.
- Resolvamos problemas sobre un día en la feria y pensemos en la mejor manera de mostrar nuestras soluciones.
Materials to Gather
- Display posters from the previous activity.
|Activity 1||25 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
As you finish up this unit, reflect on the norms and activities that have supported each student in learning math. How have you seen each student grow as a young mathematician throughout this work? How have you seen yourself grow as a teacher? What will you continue to do and what will you improve upon in the next unit?
- Compare (1–5), Stage 3: Multiply within 100 (Supporting)
- How Close? (1–5), Stage 5: Multiply to 100 (Supporting)