Interpretemos datos de medidas que están en diagramas de puntos
The purpose of this lesson is for students to make sense of line plots that represent measurements to the nearest half or fourth of an inch.
In grade 2, students made line plots to show measurements to the nearest whole unit. In previous lessons, they measured objects with rulers marked with halves and fourths of an inch. In this lesson, students interpret line plots that show lengths in half inches and quarter inches and ask and answer questions about the data.
- Interpret line plots that display measurement data in fractions of an inch.
- Demos sentido a diagramas de puntos que tienen longitudes en mitades de pulgada y en cuartos de pulgada.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
What part of the lesson went really well today in terms of students’ learning? What did you do that made that part go well?
- Estimate and Measure (1–4), Stage 3: Quarter Inches (Addressing)
- Target Measurements (2–5), Stage 2: Quarter Inches (Addressing)
- Creating Line Plots (2–5), Stage 1: Inches and Centimeters (Supporting)