In grade 2, students made line plots to show measurements to the nearest whole unit. In previous lessons, they measured objects with rulers marked with halves and fourths of an inch. In this lesson, students interpret line plots that show lengths in half inches and quarter inches and ask and answer questions about the data.
- Interpret line plots that display measurement data in fractions of an inch.
- Demos sentido a diagramas de puntos que tienen longitudes en mitades de pulgada y en cuartos de pulgada.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Estimate and Measure (1–4), Stage 3: Quarter Inches (Addressing)
- Target Measurements (2–5), Stage 2: Quarter Inches (Addressing)
- Creating Line Plots (2–5), Stage 1: Inches and Centimeters (Supporting)