Características de otros cuadriláteros
The purpose of this lesson is for students to use their knowledge of geometric attributes to name quadrilaterals in different ways and to draw quadrilaterals that are not rhombuses, rectangles, or squares.
In previous lessons, students learned the defining attributes of a rhombus, a rectangle, and a square. In this lesson, students apply that knowledge to name quadrilaterals in multiple ways and to draw quadrilaterals that are not rhombuses, rectangles, or squares.
Throughout the lesson, offer rulers to students if needed to determine if sides have the same length.
- Draw examples of quadrilaterals that are not rhombuses, rectangles, or squares.
- Understand that shapes can be in more than one category.
- Describamos y dibujemos figuras de grupos específicos.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
What surprised you about student thinking as they drew quadrilaterals that were not rectangles, rhombuses, or squares?
- Picture Books (K–5), Stage 3: Find Shapes (Addressing)
- Which One? (K–5), Stage 4: Grade 3 Shapes (Addressing)