This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In this lesson students have another chance to practice skip-counting by 2, 5, and 10 and addition and subtraction within 1,000.
- Add and subtract within 1,000 using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations.
- Skip-count by 2, 5, and 10.
- Let’s skip-count and practice addition and subtraction.
Materials to Gather
Gather materials from:
- Write Numbers, Stage 4
- Target Numbers, Stages 6 and 7
- Five in a Row, Stages 7 and 8
- How Close, Stage 4
|Activity 1||40 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Identify something you thought was going to go well in math class recently, but did not. What can you do to make it a success the next time?