2.8 Equal Groups
- Students work with equal groups of objects to gain foundations for multiplication.
Section A Goals
- Determine whether a group of objects (up to 20) has an odd or even number of members.
- Write an equation to express an even number as a sum of two equal addends.
Section B Goals
- Find the total number of objects arranged in rectangular arrays with up to 5 rows and up to 5 columns using addition.
- Partition rectangles into rows and columns of equal-size squares, and count to find the total number of squares.
- Represent the total number of objects in an array as a sum of equal addends.