This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn stage 4 of the Write Numbers center, which was first introduced in grade 1. In this new stage, called Skip Count by 2, 5, and 10, students write numbers as they skip-count by 2, 5, or 10. In Activity 2, students choose to continue working on Write Numbers, or choose between three previously introduced centers focused on addition and subtraction within 1,000.
- Add and subtract within 1,000 using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations.
- Skip-count by 2, 5, and 10.
- Let’s skip-count and practice addition and subtraction.
- Write Numbers, Stage 4
- Target Numbers, Stages 6 and 7
- Five in a Row, Stages 7 and 8
- How Close, Stage 4
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|