Problemas sobre dinero
The purpose of this lesson is for students to use addition and subtraction to solve story problems in the context of money.
In previous lessons, students used addition to find the total value of a set of coins and identified 100 cents as a dollar.
In this lesson, students solve story problems in the context of money. In the first activity, students continue practicing finding the value of a collection of coins and use the coins and their total value to solve problems in the context of a class store. In the second activity, students add and subtract values in cents in the same context, but are not provided images of coins. The second activity also gives students an opportunity to solve two-step story problems where the first step is not explicitly stated.
- Solve addition and subtraction story problems in the context of money.
- Resolvamos problemas sobre dinero.
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Reflect on who participated in math class today. What assumptions are you making about those who did not participate? How can you leverage each of your student’s ideas to support them in being seen and heard in tomorrow’s math class?
- Picture Books (K–5), Stage 3: Find Shapes (Addressing)
- Which One? (K–5), Stage 3: Grade 2 Shapes (Addressing)
- How Are They the Same? (1–5), Stage 2: Grade 2 Shapes (Addressing)