In previous lessons, students built a foundation of division understanding and connected multiplication and division equations. Here, they use a variety of representations to show how multiplication and division are related and write multiplication or division equations to represent division situations.
Activity 1: Division Round Table
- Represent situations involving equal groups using multiplication and division equations with a symbol for the unknown quantity.
- Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve problems involving equal groups.
- Let’s make more connections between multiplication and division.
Materials to Copy
- Division Round Table
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Rectangle Rumble (3–5), Stage 3: Factors 1–10 (Addressing)
- Capture Squares (1–3), Stage 7: Multiply with 6–9 (Addressing)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|