In this lesson, students check in on their progress towards fluent multiplication within 100 and sort their facts into categories. Then, students use the multiplication facts they know to generate related division facts. Knowing related facts will help students multiply and divide in future lessons.
- Identify known single-digit multiplication facts and their related division facts.
- Let’s consider the products and quotients we know right away or can find quickly.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Card Sort: Multiplication
- Card Sort: Multiplication Recording Sheet
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
- The Multiplication Fact sort cards from this activity will be used again in the next activity.
- Each group of 2 needs a set of cards from the previous activity.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Rectangle Rumble (3–5), Stage 3: Factors 1–10 (Addressing)
- Capture Squares (1–3), Stage 7: Multiply with 6–9 (Addressing)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|